I am so excited to chat with all of you tomorrow at my SnazL party. I wanted to share with you a few things ahead of time that you can look forward to at the party.
Healthy Snack alternatives from WAT-AAH!
Are you wondering which activities you should involve your children in? Check out this new book from Ann Kroeker.
Are you interested in a new way to communicate with your children's teachers?
Aparna Vashisht-Rota, the founding Mom of Parentella.com will be sharing a great way to get involved in your child's education. Below she shares her tips for Back to School. Come to the party and you can chat with Aparna.
It is back to school time! My son starts middle school tomorrow. We went shopping as he has outgrown his clothes, shoes, and backpack. He was very patient while we picked out his clothes and shoes.
He is really excited to go back to school and meet his friends and get back into the routine. It reminds me of my own eagerness and anticipation for a new school year. I used to love the new school year, so much excitement, new books, new notebooks, pencils, etc. I really enjoyed it.
As happy as I am for my son to embark on a new transition, I also feel sad. He is no longer a baby. He is older but I am also happy that he is grown into such a wonderful, loving, and kind person. I am very proud of him. I have heard that as they get older, it gets a little bit harder. I really want to get to know the other parents and make sure that the transition is as smooth as possible.
I am going to connect with other parents on Parentella. Parental involvement is the most important thing in a child's education. You'd have thought it is the latest and the greatest but it boils down to parents being involved. Parentella is one such tool that helps parents stay connected, informed, involved, and on top of it.
10 reasons I am going to be on Parentella:
1. It is free.
2. It is only for parents and teachers.
3. It is private, safe, and secure.
4. It is simple, easy to use, site.
5. It allows busy moms to keep all information regarding the kids in one place. I am so done reading through the stack of paper they send us! If we are all online, it is money saved for school as no more paper is needed.
6. Parentella sends you automated reminders for events, never forget the movie night again!
7. Ask other parents that difficult question in Algebra. One time, my son got homework and it was tough! I wasn't sure really what we were supposed to do and I'd have loved to ask another parent.
8. Get context rich information! Ask a mom in your child's class regarding videogames, allowance, cellphone usage, etc. We are in it together, so might as well help each other.
9. You can archive information for the entire year when you leave the class to join the next grade, you still have access to the information. All the content you created, stays with you.
10. Organize online signups for potlucks, book fairs, staff luncheon, class parties.
Get Parentella, get involved. It is a MUST HAVE for back to school.
This post is written by Aparna Vashisht-Rota, the founding Mom of Parentella.com. Thank you for reading this post and please feel free to write her at aparna (at) parentella dot com.