Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Amy vs Daisy



As part of my getting away time, I have started a new part-time job as a legal assistant. Yesterday was my first day. I am working out of this lawyer's home office. When I sat down at the computer to start working I couldn't find the wireless mouse. I knew they had one because I had used it the day before.

I heard commotion of the dog and cat behind me so I swiveled my chair around. Standing by the table was their big golden lab staring back at me with the computer mouse in her mouth. As soon as I stood up the dog ran around the kitchen table. I would head in one direction and Daisy would head in the other direction. No matter what I said or did, I could not get her to drop the mouse.

I finally got really frustrated and went back to the computer. A few minutes later I found the dog underneath a bed with the mouse. She let me take it from her and I finally got to work.

So that was my entertaining first day. Did I mention they have a kitten, too. He sits on the desk and watches my fingers fly across the keyboard. I thought that she was going to pounce on them. But, she just laid on top of the papers I was trying to type from.

I can't wait to see how the day goes tomorrow. Here is a picture of Daisy from the Fourth of July.


6 comments:

KK said...

Well that does make it interesting!

Deb said...

-->It would have been funny if the cat had the mouse. haha...

www.WebSavyMom.com

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

What an interesting first day! Glad it went well and it gave you some entertainment!
Love Collette xxx

Karen M. Peterson said...

Whenever you're in the middle of working, that's exactly where the cat's going to want to be. :-)

Just stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Interesting first day. At least you have some furry companions to keep you entertained:) Good luck with your new job!

sanjeet said...

Well that does make it interesting!
post free classified ads