Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mom's Time Out



I decided that every Tuesday I am going to take a time out from focusing on parenting and have a Mom's Time Out. One of my favorite things to do when I have some free time is read. So today I decided to post a new book review.

Today is the publication date for a new book from a brand new author. The Art of Disappearing by Ivy Pochoda debuts today!



This book was a perfect book for Mom's Time Out. It is a magical story of love and romance with a touch of mystery.

Toby Warring, a young magician and Mel Snow, a traveling textile designer find each other and two days later a Las Vegas Wedding is underway. Through the book the magic keeps the story interesting. When a magic trick goes horribly wrong the couple flees together to learn more about the art of Toby's magic and things that took place in their past. It is a story that asks the questions, what will win Toby's affection, his magic or his love for Mel?

If you are looking for a good book to take a time out from life, this is a great new read.

You can read more about this book at Ivy Pochoda's website. For purchasing info you can go here.

St. Martin's Press; Hardcover
US $24.99
Publication Date: Sept. 15, 2009
ISBN-10: 0312385854
ISBN-13: 978-0312385859

I hope you join me next week for Mom's Time Out.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Amy. I found you at Kelli's website (joy-kelli.blogspot.com). I came by to say hello. The book sounds great. I think I will get it. I have four kids and could use some "Mom's Time Out" too!!!! I was scrolling down and saw the "Kids in the Kitchen" cookbook you guys cooked out of. I have that one too. I believe the Fluffy Peanut Butter Dip is in that one! It is so YUMMY! Have a wonderful day and come see me sometime!

kellyjae said...

I like your new look!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Love this idea for Tuesdays!! I will def join you next week!
Love Collette xxx